Monday, July 28, 2008

story time!

hello everyone and anyone who cares. i am reading the newest david sedaris book (collection of essays), "When You Are Engulfed In Flames" and am thoroughly enjoying it - as i do all of his books. i could have finished reading the book in its entirety in one day, but i have tried to spread out my reading time and am holding on to the last 10 pages or so because i just don't want it to be over. the entire last chapter, which is the longest, is all about david's life as a smoker and his move to Japan when he decides to quit. It is aptly titled, 'The Smoking Section' and is hilarious! if you haven't read any of his books, i recommend that you check him out.

3 comments:

Shirin Modaresi said...

I heard him interviewed on NPR about this book. He's so funny! I have heard the rest of his books on audiobook and really liked them. Glad to hear this one is as good.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

Beth-
I gave this book to my sister for her birthday and she's already read it and given it back to me. I've just started it. What's crucial for full enjoyment is to imagine HIS voice reading it the way he does. He's one of a kind!

Ingrid said...

Oops- well Emily, Shirin explained to me that you wrote this entry and now I see your name as the author. Well, it's nice to meet another Sedaris fan!