Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Where Have I Been? Mrs. Nixon's Classroom

Friday was my last day working in the small animal clinic, but instead of rest and relaxation, I have a million little things on my to-do list. First and foremost was helping my sister, Jenna (aka Mrs. Nixon) set up her classroom.

Jenna is teaching 4th grade this year and at a new elementary school--Holsenbeck. She always has so many creative ideas for her classroom. And since she is working on her masters in Children's Literature, she also has plenty of books and ideas for reading, writing, and language boards.

But, sometimes she needs help limiting her imagination and pulling her ideas together. That's where I come in!

I love helping her work on her classroom. This is probably because I don't have to be there when the kids are present! Plus, since she is sharing her room with the EPI teacher (who helps the slower kids), we had to do a LOT of brainstorming to get everything to fit!

We have the classroom more or less finished and now need to get started on her paperwork!!! YIKES! Maybe next week....





4 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Does she have to buy all those organizing baskets and such? I heard once that teachers had to supply their own dry erase markers and stuff. I think that's crazy!
I think teaching 4th grade sounds kind of fun.
-Shirin

Beth said...

yep, she spends lots of $ on classroom supplies! it might be fun for a day or two...but i think i'd want to kill all 28 kids by the end of day 3!

TheRagan3 said...

when can you come and help me??? Guess it's a little late in asking since I start next wednesday!

TheRagan3 said...

and it does suck having to spend your own $$ on the supplies!