Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Late New Year's Resolution


The other night I realized that I have spent so much of my life counting down the days til...
I say things like, "if I can just make it through this week" or "it's only for a month; I can do anything for a month."

I chalk this attitude up to my "planner" personality. I've always been a planner, and I always have a plan. In middle school it was preparing for high school, and then planning for college, and then for vet school...always trying to work my way to the next thing.

Since being in vet school, I have noticed that I have "put my head down to plow through"...and I've forgotten to "stop and smell the roses"!

So, my New Year's Resoultion (a bit late, but better than never) is to stop counting down the days...and start living my life. I am resolved to enjoy each day or at least find small things that make me happy throughout my day!

2 comments:

Emily said...

nice picture choice!

Ingrid said...

Habits are so hard to break. Go to www.lettermelater.com to send yourself some reminders through out the month:
Dear Beth, Don't forget to smell the roses today. Love, Beth

Good luck :-)