Thursday, August 14, 2008

Miracle Harness


My dogs are 5 years old, but up until recently they have been horrible leash walkers. Mostly, b/c I didn't train them well enough, but also because they are two big, rowdy dogs! A couple months ago I picked up The Easy Walk Harness.

Although we learned about this harness in school, I was a bit apprehensive to purchase it...one, b/c they are $25 a piece times two, and two b/c I wasn't 100% sure it would actually work! The harness is designed to gently discourage your dog from pulling while walking on a leash. According to their website...

Why it works:
Traditional harnesses can actually encourage dogs to pull harder because of the “opposition reflex.” That’s the reflex that makes sled dogs do what they do. The Easy Walk Harness' unique front-chest leash attachment stops pulling by tightening slightly across your dog's chest and shoulder blades. The gentle pressure steers your dog to the side and redirecting his attention back towards you. The Easy Walk Harness never causes coughing, gagging, or choking because the chest strap rests low across the breastbone, not on the delicate tracheal area.

The first time I put the harness on, my dogs were angels on leash! This harness works MIRACLES!!! not only do they walk on leash without pulling, but they no longer lunge at other dogs while walking! I also threw one on my sister's dog, Porter...he was the worst on a leash...and now he too is an angle!

This is one product I endorse 100% and I have already started suggesting it to clients with ill-behaved canines on leash.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I think I will try one on my little Gus man. He is in serious need of a visit from Caesar Milan for a laundry list of issues...this is one I can try to work out on my own :) Thanks!
K

Shirin Modaresi said...

Now you need to talk my sister into using the one I got her on Cha Cha. I might tell her to read your endorsement. I just worry about his trachea.
-Shirin